Here is a couple of my advance ceramics pieces. I sort of gave up half way through the semester because I couldn't complete one of the projects I really was hoping to get done due to some unseen misfortune. But all that aside I kind of pulled these out last minute. And they turned out pretty cute. My band-aid installation:
The last picture is more true to the color of the band-aids. I put this great crackle glaze that a graduate student lent me. I had to fill the cracks with india ink after the last firing to make them stand out a little more, like so.
And this guy, my personal fav, is the mustache wall!
I wanted to make like a million more, but time restrictions held me back.
This is the desk I was making for my furniture class. I used soft maple, with a mortise and tenon joint. No hardware is used, all maple and wood glue. I didn't use a stain, just a protectant on the surface called "The Good Stuff". She's a beauty. These pictures are from the photo shoot I had. My teacher had connections with the photographer who takes pictures of the art work at the de Young, so he came in and helped us out. These particular ones are from my camera, however.
I wrote a couple weeks ago about working with decals that can go through the kiln without being warped, etc.. Well, here's one of the test runs. Look at that little guy, ain't he cute! The colors are very limited, pretty much only maroon, light and dark. But it's nice because you can print it from a regular printer. I love messing around with this kind of stuff. I'm just working with small tiles now (aka beverage coasters for my room!), I think I might try and incorporate a bunch of them into a piece of furniture, that would be amazing. Like a table top, or maybe into a bench or chair. I guess I'll figure it out later on.
I'm going to get started on a painting for my clothed figure painting class all night. It's due in two weeks, but I'm really excited to work on it.