Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meaningful combinations.



I got a new job doing graphics for a company that my dad's company works with. They flew me down to LA for a 24-hour business trip. It made me feel all grown up. I stayed at my dad's boss' house (whom are family friends) and slept in their sons bed. He was a big high school football hero, his entire room was covered wall to wall in old trophies, letterman jackets, MVP awards, medals and other various badges of honor. His mom told me he gave sports up after graduating. She said he'd decided to go out in a blaze of glory. She also mentioned that he joined a frat and was living in a frat house. Hah. This is just a picture of one of the walls in his room.  I like it. It's pretty sad, you know that whole memories collecting dust, sitting there just so we can have the occasional nostalgia trip. Old concert tickets, postcards/letters, articles of clothing. All the useless stuff we hang onto because there's nothing else. 

So, I decided to give you guys a little present. It's the entire 69 Love Songs Box Set by the Magnetic Fields. It's my favorite thing they've released. Hurray!:
www.mediafire.com/?znt9rmmm9nm (Disc 1)
www.mediafire.com/?n3jy3h0ycsn (Disc 2)
www.mediafire.com/?jvjn2nzdva0 (Disc 3)

Also, my hard drive crashed a little under two weeks ago and I lost EVERYTHING. We're talking all my pictures, music, documents, programs, every last thing. It was pretty traumatizing, however, I've recovered and realized that it's okay to let some of these things go. It's sort of a mini-theory I've been testing for a while. I mean, I know I'm not the originator of this, but I guess its something that I've been trying to put into play for a while, that whole--if you love something let it go--deal.  I want to feel like it's made me a better/stronger person. At least, I hope it has. 

My desk is almost finished which I'm super SUPER duper excited for. I assembled it yesterday and it stood up all on its own. It was like my little baby, my love child, my creation come to life. I'll put pictures on here soon. 

I also need to put pictures on here of my recent ceramics projects and especially my mail art projects so ya'll can see what I'm getting into. I'm sending Paul some totally amazing things to New York. Very sentimental and mushy stuff. Hah. Mail is one of my favorite things in the entire world, so I feel like I should share that with people. 

Anyway, I'm gonna leave you guys with some pictures of me at the office in LA. I think everyone should know what I look like nowadays. These are kind of silly cause I didn't know that my computer was going to take four pictures in a row, so they are sort of spontaneous, but not really. Mostly, they just make me laugh. 



No comments: